bored rainy

Thursday, June 21, 2007


The MSN Messenger windows kept popping out. Ivan kept nudging me and I did so until the blogger page loads, and I typed "oke2". And the nudging stopped.

The Philips speakers attached to the computer let out the song "Everlasting Love", Jamie Cullum's silky voice flowing through. Outside, the sky was grey and the clouds thick. I had not seen this darkness for a long time. Not at this time anyway. Usually, my apartment would be hot from the sun's rays beating down on my marble floors. But today was different. The song changed to "Victoria", by John Mayer. This song had always had an effect on my heartstrings. Such a sad, painful song.

My feet had dried up from the little splash games I played with my mother on the balcony. I was standing on the wooden bench, and she playfully splashed it with water. It was interesting, really.

The guitar strums were like a lullaby in my ears. What a song this is.

My mother, her hair pinned up, was wearing a plain dark blue t-shirt and a pair of shorts from Bali. She was peeling the skin of a bunch of vegetable with the TV switched to travel and living, showing a bathroom with colourful mosaic tiles.

How bored I am. Slouching on my pink seat, wearing my yellow Roxy surfer pants and white Polo striped pink and green. This time, Mariah Carey's breathtaking voice was singing "We Belong Together", a song I always thought was a masterpiece.

My gaze, from the bright computer screeen, to the TV, to my mother, to the rain and back again. I guess I really am without things to do today. And when that happens, I usually have a longing for shopping. But not today. Not now. This is just nice. The smell of the rain, the landscape on TV, my mother preparing the vegetable which I love, the speaker playing fine tunes. And I just gaze at the monitor, my fingers doing the work.


news


My portfolio/design blog www.vinakosasih.com

Currently still under construction. But I promise it will be up within a few months!


profile

person(s) reading now . <3

Photobucket

Hello. This blog was created for me to store memories. Because... I have a bad memory. hehe



juice-22 EST.2006

Find me on:
deviantART / twitter / tumblr




tagboard




to-do


graduate
christmas break
meet my family
meet gucci polo
meet totoro


shopping list


some simple t-shirts
check out Pull & Bear in London


friends


archive


participate


Website Visitor Tracking


Blog design, logo and images © Juice-22