Heheh.... so anyways, as you all have seen, smack at the first line of this post, are 2 pictures of the certificate I have just recieved today. It is from UNSW (University of New South Wales). This September, I took the ICAS (International Competitions and Assesments for Schools) for English (like I did last year) and I actually got the highest score amongst all the chosen candidates from our school!!! School!!!
When the speaker mentioned my name last, as the only person who recieved Distinction, my name sounded surprisingly wonderful at that moment. lol. I'm not joking. I've never been so happy to hear my name being called.
"Vina Kosasih". Every vowel was distinct, the V and the Ss. It sounded almost like a bell. I felt all eyes on me. Walking between the rows of people, was like a red carpet. Dr San gave me a large grin, ear to ear, like a child, and it amused me slightly - I have never seen him smile like that before. Was it because I was a winner?
Anyways, I want to boast now. Heheh. Yeah it's been a long time since I boasted about anything at all. And since this is my blog, I'm just gonna write whatever. I would like to highlight on the second picture Your score was in the top 11 percent of Year 10 participants in the Region. Dang that is my biggest pride!!! It may just be a distinction, no high distinction and gold medal or something like that (which would be SO COOL FYI) but I'm still really happy!
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy