Major confusion.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008


Omg, as I typed the title just now, about to type something that meant 'confusion about my major', I realised that Major confusion could mean two things, and they both apply to me right now! Ha!


...Okay. Random. Unimportant. Let's get to the gist.

I had an assignment due Thursday, but some students already finished it today (Tuesday), and brought it to the class. On the weekends, I had trouble doing my assignment, squeezing brain juice for something close to CREATIVE. It's not easy, I tell you. Plus all those years back in Bina Bangsa School when the art teacher tells us to do art assignments, and all I did was a simple, round, Poring sculpted out of styrofoam. Others put in much more effort into their work. I never really cared.

How was I to know that recklessness could get me in so much trouble??? I now lack in imagination, creativity, and motivation in Art. I am so doomed.

My two fellow classmates today casually took out their assignment, and I was in shock. Shock at the grandness, marvelousness, creativeness, and the godliness of their work. I thought the students from last year did awesome work... well, my batch did better. Oh. More pressure. Great. They upped the ante, just like that.

If compared to my work, the difference in standard is obvious. Clear as daylight. Knowing me, I started panicking, and thought to myself, "maybe Design is not my thing... maybe I should move to literature... Oh, better yet, I should just skip college and university, then go on to work in Australia or something. I should be able to survive. Providing I seduce a rich man into my grasps and murder him for insurance and take all the cash in his bank account. (as quoted from my entry yesterday)"

Seriously, I am a useless individual. I let myself calm down, and thought through it again. It is the first assignment, and it's only the second week. I can't quit on everything now, can I? No way! Don't be such a quitter! Maybe the other students just have more experience in it than I do (for god's sakes, I didn't even think to use a cutter instead of scissors. laugh at me. design students would. I don't even have that pen cutter thing they use, or whatever they call it, I don't know... SEE MY POINT???).

I told my brother that I have zero talent (I might piss people off by saying this, they would be telling me how I do not appreciate what I already have). Or at least, I feel like I don't. He went into a lecture about how he had a friend in Malaysia who told him "You are so lucky you have talent. I want to be a band vocalist, but I can't sing." My brother told me, "I don't have talent in music either, Vin. But all this while, I have been better in playing the bass than anyone else. You know what? Talent can only get you this far. The rest depends on your hard work."

Makes sense. Too bad I'm not a very optimistic person. And I'm having PMS. Bwaha.

So what is the point and moral of this blog post? I advise those who are still in school to work hard in every lesson you have. Make use of it! Be serious when doing assignments! It is useful, trust me on this. I'm sure that everyone of you has heard an adult advise you with this same context, but I am a fresh graduate (okay, not really) from high school, and I'm only 16 THIS SEPTEMBER!!! So technically, I'm still 15. And I'm telling you to take your schoolwork seriously. Speaking from experience.

For now, I'll just work hard for my art skills. Maybe one day, soon, hopefully, I can catch up to my classmates. I have a group task soon and I don't want to be dragging down my partner T_T. Sorry Kevin for being paired up with me. Huaha.

Anyway. Enough of serious talk. Look what I bought today:



Yes, it's not her latest one, but I like this better! It has a really captivating fragrance. For me, at least. :)

Labels: , ,



news


My portfolio/design blog www.vinakosasih.com

Currently still under construction. But I promise it will be up within a few months!


profile

person(s) reading now . <3

Photobucket

Hello. This blog was created for me to store memories. Because... I have a bad memory. hehe



juice-22 EST.2006

Find me on:
deviantART / twitter / tumblr




tagboard




to-do


graduate
christmas break
meet my family
meet gucci polo
meet totoro


shopping list


some simple t-shirts
check out Pull & Bear in London


friends


archive


participate


Website Visitor Tracking


Blog design, logo and images © Juice-22