Finally, it is Friday. This one week went by soooo slowly! Back in BBS, one week felt like... 2 days -_-.
So today I had my very first Design class in Uniprep. During the lecture, we each received two THICK books:
DESIGN Lecture and Tutorial and
Twentieth-Century Design (Oxford History of Art). We discussed about "visual languange" - the elements and principles. It was a bloody long lecture (2 hours), and we were exhausted after the lesson.
So during the 15-minutes break before the Tutorial class, we design students went to the cafeteria. Petrick, Martin and Livia ate nasi goreng (which looked GOOD), and we all watched Cartoon Network, laughing pretty loudly at the stupid cartoons.
During Tutorial class, we had our very first assignment! The teacher showed examples by last year's students, and they were pretty good. I must say, it is very different when you have a class where everyone is interested to design, than from a class where students take Art classes as more of a free period (spell: Bina Bangsa School).
We started making sketches of rough drafts. People were confused, some were clueless. Some were already drawing it in. I was part of the majority who were still drafting. I had quite a lot of ideas, but they were tedious work =S.
Lucky for us, it is due next Thursday. HOWEVER. Saturday is the only day I have off. On Sunday I'll be going for another receptionist work for my Uncle's sister's engagement party x.x. I sure am hot stuff for being hired so much. Lawl xD. But seriously. I have to finish my Math, my English Learner Journal, and the Design assignment T_T.
So Uniprep ended at 12pm. My brother and I picked up my mom and dad, thanking god we are not in the Science/Commerce stream, who are dismissed at 3/4pm every day. My whole family went to Mandala, ate a LOT, continued to Millenium where we shopped like mad, then dropped my mom back home. My brother and I proceeded to Puri Indah Mall. I shopped in Gramedia, hunting for my Design class basic essentials (during which I
NEVER knew that an Art Book could cost Rp 87,000), glue stick, sharpener, 30cm clear ruler, and a set of 5 thin notebooks all for Rp 18,500 (15% discount).
I head off to Sox Gallery next, where I bought 2 ankle socks (at last), for Rp 19,400 each. Why am I putting in all the prices, I really don't know. I just seem to remember them all. Amazing.
Satisfied at last, though afraid I might have bought the wrong Art Book, I went home, and... here I am! Blogging about the end of my first week in college.
.bmp)
Signing off,
xoxo
Labels: College, design class, Uniprep