Cooking Lesson #1

Thursday, July 31, 2008


Before you start, maybe you can read this post along with this very fun song I recently found:
Electro World - Perfume



Switch on the TV on Channel 22! It's time foooor...

Cooking With Vina!

xP Yes lame I know, but I'm bored. One week holiday =D

Stay tuned!


Our location today is... my kitchen! (I'll try not to mess that up)



This is the pancake mix I used. Brand new!




Step 1: I measured 1 cup of pancake mix and poured them into a larger basin/bowl.


Step 2: Measured 3/4 cup of water. To the basin/bowl it goes!


Step 3: Using a long wooden spoon, I mixed them until they are even, smooth, and nice-looking. Look at that! Makes you want to taste it, don't it? :D


Step 4: To make my cooking easier, I poured the mix back into the measuring thingy. It is easier to use this to pour into the frying pan rather than using that big bowl/basin. Less spillage risk.



Step 5: Place butter on the frying pan and spread it around till it melts! Well, I put too much here...


Step 6: The mix goes! Make sure it's not too little, or the pancake will break easily later (I speak from experience, you will see).


Step 7: After a while, I flipped the pancake. But it became...like this...!!!


Step 8: I flipped it one more time! More destruction!


Step 9: By now I was convinced my frying pan was too small, so I transferred the pancake into a bigger one... But Alas!


Step 10: However distasteful it looks, it is a chef's job to try out the food. So I did, being the great chef I am.


Evaluation
Okay maybe it wasn't that great. It tastes a bit salty (?). Maybe too much butter? I learned from this mistake, threw that piece of yuck away, and started anew.

Step 5b: Butter. Less this time.


Step 6b: Looking good so far. Time to flip!



Step 7b: Better than before, but... Why does it look like an egg? Let's let it fry a little longer.



Step 8b: My first pancake (not including the one I threw away) done! I place it on a big plate. Reminds you of Roti Prata?

Step 6c: My second pancake. Hopes this turns out better. I put in more mix into it so it's thicker. Bubbles appear this time! (And so what does that mean?)


Step 7c: I was doing something else, and I forgot to flip the pancake! When I did, ...


Yet another disgusting sight.

Step 5d: My final pancake! This time, to avoid overcooking like the previous pancake, I checked the bottom of the pancake frequently by simply lifting it up using a slim butter knife to avoid tearing.

Step 6d: Flipped.

It actually looks like a decent pancake! Happy, I piled it up above the other two pancakes.

Step 11: I took out my maple syrup.


Step 12: Poured it. Just enough, I can add more later.


Step 13: And lastly, I served! I was getting excited.

Step 14: Getting ready to have my first bite. As I took this picture though, I realised I used the wrong utensil. It's supposed to be fork with knife, not fork with...spoon. But whatever, right? ;)

Step 15: The tasting.

It was horrible. HORRIBLE!

The taste is...is...like I'm eating flour! Flour!!!

It is simply disgusting I tell you. After finishing one and a quarter pancake, I raised the white flag. I am not.eating.this.crap.anymore.


I totally lost my appetite man. I didn't even feel like eating for lunch anymore. The weird...salty...buttery...flour-y taste remained stuck to my throat, and I felt sick. I even had a slight tummy ache after that. Mygod. I'm food poisoning myself now. Way to go, Vina.

Labels: ,



news


My portfolio/design blog www.vinakosasih.com

Currently still under construction. But I promise it will be up within a few months!


profile

person(s) reading now . <3

Photobucket

Hello. This blog was created for me to store memories. Because... I have a bad memory. hehe



juice-22 EST.2006

Find me on:
deviantART / twitter / tumblr




tagboard




to-do


graduate
christmas break
meet my family
meet gucci polo
meet totoro


shopping list


some simple t-shirts
check out Pull & Bear in London


friends


archive


participate


Website Visitor Tracking


Blog design, logo and images © Juice-22