Gyaru

Wednesday, August 20, 2008


Gyaru- the term taken from the English word "Gal".


Sorry Sammy, I just had to blog this =p
Now what is that you may be wondering? Well, they're not mannequins...or aliens...they are as human as we are. Maybe just a tad bit more eccentric. But hey, eccentric is good right? :D
Notice the girl on the right. She has anime eyes! You know those super big 50%-covering-the-face kinda eyes? She drew it right in. And if you ask me, I honestly can't seem to locate her real eyes anymore... Care to try? -.-"
We also notice a trend for putting large flowers in the hair. That's actually a very popular trend in Japan, not only for the Gyarus. Complicated outfit...Tons of bangles... Colourful accessories. I guess this can also be classified as Decora? Google it if you don't know.
One very obvious characteristic of a Gyaru/Ganguro is that tan, clashed with contrasting blond/multi-coloured hair, and SUPER light make-up. Remember the make-up I tried on yesterday? =D But they used light coloured lipstick.
Well anyway. I asked Ratna and Sammy if they wanna try being Ganguro with me. Lol! Of course I got rejected. Even Suzie scolded me for even thinking about trying. One day only mahh with no one who recognise us.
I wish I were in Japan... See, this is why Japan is so wonderful. They accept eccentric things (and humans). It's filled with weird and wonderful cultures! Aaah...
Anyway, if you guys found anymore interesting pics of Gyaru/Ganguro or whatever related, feel free to put the link in the tagbox ;)

Labels: ,



news


My portfolio/design blog www.vinakosasih.com

Currently still under construction. But I promise it will be up within a few months!


profile

person(s) reading now . <3

Photobucket

Hello. This blog was created for me to store memories. Because... I have a bad memory. hehe



juice-22 EST.2006

Find me on:
deviantART / twitter / tumblr




tagboard




to-do


graduate
christmas break
meet my family
meet gucci polo
meet totoro


shopping list


some simple t-shirts
check out Pull & Bear in London


friends


archive


participate


Website Visitor Tracking


Blog design, logo and images © Juice-22