Otaku Himono-onna?!

Saturday, August 23, 2008




干物女Himono-Onna

Actually, there is a growing trend in Asia. More young women spend their
time at home reading books or browsing online after work or school. A recent
Japanese drama,“ホタルノヒカリ”(Hotalu-nohikali) depicts the growing situation, and
created a term for this segment of people as” 干物女” (Himono-Onna). This means
preserved women. People use the term to describe female who has little
activities but mostly spend time online. They pursue simple life styles and
eliminate complex social networking activities. Interestingly, they spend a lot
of time online.


Source: http://www.nuwom.com/2007/10/himono-onna.html


I am... a Himono-onna?!

I watched Hotaru No Hikari yesterday in crunchyroll until 3:00am. And I learned about this term "himono-onna", as defined above. The main character of this J-dorama is a himono-onna. At work, she seems cheerful and hardworking. But once she reaches home, she instantly changes into jerseys, tie her hair up samurai style, and laze around talking to her cat.

It's actually surprising how her lifestyle is so similar to mine! Well, not that I'm always cheerful in Uniprep, but still! Once I reach home, I would throw myself to the couch, and lie around for hours doing nothing, and occasionally playing with Gucci. There are several variations to my after-college hairstyle:

  1. Fringe tied up samurai-style
  2. Fringe completely pinned back
  3. Fringe pulled back by a white, glittery hairband
  4. Hair tied into a ponytail
  5. Hair tied into a messy bun with strands coming out everywhere

Oookaaay... Why am I saying this in public. Don't know. It's the truth though... have I, like Hotaru's manager told her, lost any sense of being a female??! O___O

Watashi wa...
himono-onna?!
(I am... a dried-fish woman?!)

Not to mention that on weekends I prefer to laze around at home surfing the
net, or just lying around. Ohmygod... And whenever I reach home from college I would be so happy and say "home sweet home". After college, I only want to go
home instantly instead of going to any random mall.

...Oh HELL no!

On another note, it's Saturday today and I'm staying at home. It's still 2:32PM and I'm wondering what I should do and feeling that... "My life is meaningless before 8:00PM..." Why? Because at 8:00PM I have unlimited banwidth and so I can watch all the anime and j-dorama I want on crunchyroll.com... OMG! Not only am I a himono-onna, I'm also an OTAKU!?!

In modern Japanese slang, the term otaku refers to fan of, or is specialized in any particular theme, topic, or hobby. Common uses are anime otaku (a fan of anime ) and manga otaku (a fan of Japanese comic books or manga), pasokon otaku (personal computer geeks), gēmu otaku (playing video games), and wota (pronounced 'ota', previously referred to as "idol otaku") that are extreme fans of idols, heavily promoted singing girls. There are also tetsudō otaku or denshamania (metrophiles) or gunji otaku (military geeks).
While these are the most common uses of otaku, the word can be applied to anything (music otaku, martial arts otaku, cooking otaku, etc). ~wikipedia

otaku himono-onna, otaku himono-onna, otaku himono-onna, otaku himono-onna, otaku himono-onna, otaku himono-onna, otaku himono-onna, otaku himono-onna, otaku himono-onna, otaku himono-onna, otaku himono-onna, otaku himono-onna, otaku himono-onna, otaku himono-onna, otaku himono-onna, otaku himono-onna

Well, but if being a himono-onna can get me here with Teshima-sama:


Why not lah :p. Teshima is hooottt

Labels: , ,



news


My portfolio/design blog www.vinakosasih.com

Currently still under construction. But I promise it will be up within a few months!


profile

person(s) reading now . <3

Photobucket

Hello. This blog was created for me to store memories. Because... I have a bad memory. hehe



juice-22 EST.2006

Find me on:
deviantART / twitter / tumblr




tagboard




to-do


graduate
christmas break
meet my family
meet gucci polo
meet totoro


shopping list


some simple t-shirts
check out Pull & Bear in London


friends


archive


participate


Website Visitor Tracking


Blog design, logo and images © Juice-22