I have to have a portfolio ready in a few days for my application to RMIT. A portfolio should contain a minimal of 15 pieces of recent artwork. And let me just say that I was not the most dilligent student back in Art class, so when I heard 15, I felt I was screwed.
But today! I finally got off my super lazy big ass and decided to create an artwork for the portfolio! Finally! Here is what I had spent a few hours working on:

Taadaa! I must say I'm pretty proud of it :D Again I'd like to say thanks to master of sketching, Chu, who gave me a crash lesson in one day.
Hey, Vina, you drew a Siberian Husky! Isn't that what Chu always draws? Are you trying to compete with her?
No, no, I'm not. For sketching, I'm more comfortable with the animal face than human. It's easier to sketch, and of course I want to present something good for my portfolio. And since the husky has a nice contrast of black and white fur, it is much easier to sketch than, let's say, a completely brown coloured dog. Or white. Like Gucci.
Here is the original picture:

Striking isn't it? That's why I chose it ^_^
Wish me luck for my other portfolio works!
Labels: portfolio, sketch