Edgar Hamlin

Sunday, November 9, 2008


I finally bought myself a new violin!!! After more than 5 years of playing my very cheap violin, I have finally attained enough experience and interest to allow myself to purchase a new one. =3





So I went to MG in Blok M today. I love that place! Went there last time to get new strings for my new violin. So I went in search for something below Rp5jt, even though my teacher recommended Rp10jt for a decent violin. But that's just too expensive for little me.

It didn't take too long. The shopkeeper recommended Universal violins, and I instantly fell in love with one made from dark wood. It was almost ashen black, and I LOVED IT!!! I tried it out. I also tried one that costed Rp12jt. The rich sound of the violin vibrated into my heart O_O...

Oh! And there is one that costed Rp8jt. It was made in China. Yellowish gold wood, and the scroll (the part at the very end of the violin) was a lion head! O_O It wasn't too good though, I liked the dark one better that costed ...hmm... how much was it... Rp2jt ~ Rp3jt.

And then, as I was just about to purchase that one, the guy told me there's another one with similar sound, but slightly different appearance-wise. He took it out. Dark ebony brown with distinct lines, like those expensive violins... like a stradivarius!

So that was the violin I bought in the end for Rp3.49jt. A pretty good deal I say!

Me happy, and my bro jumping in to take the pic at the final second:




Let me show you what's inside the black violin casing:






Oooh beautiful isn't it? Notice the nice lines and that some parts of the violin is darker, as if it was burnt a little.





You can see the wood pattern more distinctively at the back of the violin


And voila! I now have two violins! Oh joy~


Left is the old one. Right is new. And also notice that my new violin is slightly smaller in size.


In my opinion, I don't really like violins with gloss finish.


So I went home and just stared at my violin. Suddenly, a weird thought came to me: I need to name my violin!
O_O Call me weird but... there was just a sudden urge to do it. So I went searching for french names and even had Sammy help me with the job. I was looking for a male name, since this violin is somewhat more masculine. My criteria also included powerful...old...wise... But in the end, Sammy and I came up with Edgar Hamlin.

Quite a romantic name isn't it?? xD
Maybe it's just me but now that my violin has a name, I feel somehow closer to it. Plus, it's a hot name. Whyever not?

Labels:



news


My portfolio/design blog www.vinakosasih.com

Currently still under construction. But I promise it will be up within a few months!


profile

person(s) reading now . <3

Photobucket

Hello. This blog was created for me to store memories. Because... I have a bad memory. hehe



juice-22 EST.2006

Find me on:
deviantART / twitter / tumblr




tagboard




to-do


graduate
christmas break
meet my family
meet gucci polo
meet totoro


shopping list


some simple t-shirts
check out Pull & Bear in London


friends


archive


participate


Website Visitor Tracking


Blog design, logo and images © Juice-22