Nocturne & RMIT Research

Thursday, November 27, 2008







Simply. In Love. With that video!!!

I mean WOW, I think Colin Jacobsen (the violinist) really nailed this violin version (by Sarasate) of Chopin's Nocturne Op.9/2. I was trying to find the violin music score for several hours but couldn't find it. (Not that I expected my humble self to be able to play it, but I wanted to see it nonetheless)

Seriously. I have no idea where to buy violin music sheets here in Jakarta. I mean I see piano books a lot. But violin... unless I missed it when I was in the Yamaha store, it really is nowhere to be found. And Gramedia is hopeless. Try looking for music books in Gramedia, you will see what I mean. It is pretty pathetic the music books they have there. And not to mention they are all for piano, and a few guitar.


Speaking of piano, if you noticed, I cancelled out 'have piano lesson for the first time' off my wishlist. Well, it doesn't mean it's done, actually, I don't wish for it anymore. In fact, I want to cancel my application. Thank god I haven't paid for it.

Why? Let's just say 3 hours in Susan's house exposed to the piano and trying to play Nocturne Op.9/2 killed me. Yes, I know I should start off with an easy song first, but still. And plus, if you think about it, like Martin said to me today, December = lots of holidays. Mid-Feb = leave for Australia. So I'll just be wasting my money!

Therefore I shall stick to my beautiful violin. After playing the piano for a little while, I realised I like the violin better. Lol maybe it's because I can play it better than the piano obviously, but I just like the METHOD of playing the violin. I hate separating my mind into two different bars of notes like in piano. And in some songs, the violin sounds more passionate, and I like it that way.

On the other side of things, I had this sudden urge to google for RMIT students for some reason. I found several interesting things.

One, I have decided which club I want to join later on! Check out this .pdf file, which contains the whole list of clubs:

http://mams.rmit.edu.au/s7ighchh5bhy.pdf
Look below the subheading Creative and you will see RMIT Music. Then after much googling, I found the website for RMIT Music. Here it is: http://rmitmusic.freehostia.com/index.html
So there are several bands: Symphonic Orchestra, Concert Band, Stage Band, String Ensemble, RMIT Occasional Choral Society, The Gap Fillers, The Recorder Ensemble. Of course, students are allowed to make their own bands too.
After reading some materials, I have actually decided on which club I'd join: the RMIT String Ensemble! Players of all levels are welcome. I even heard a recording of their performance Can Can, and I think I can manage playing the songs. Besides, I wouldn't want to miss out on this.
Another thing I know, but just remembered, is that RMIT students are damn old. Well, okay they are at the appropriate age I guess, but... most of them are above 20. And next Feb, I would still be... 16. Pretty much a 5 years gap.
Next! Check out this guy:

And the following information I got from http://5starman.blogspot.com/2007/09/travis-fimmel.html (you can click the link if you wish to see more pictures of him):

Date of birth: July 15, 1979
Birthplace: Victoria, Australia
Home: LA
Agencies: New York Model Management and LA Models
Education: Attended RMIT University
Marital Status: Single
Hair: Dark blonde
Eyes: Blue/green
Height: 5'11Weight: 180 lbs
Shoe size: 10
Shirt: 15 1/2 to 33
Waist: 32
Inseam: 33
Hobbies: Surfing, beach volleyball, martial arts, motorbiking.

I'm sure the red font catched your attention. Yes, RMIT University! For those who don't know him, he is the model of Calvin Klein, Travis Fimmel.

Next! For Asian readers, this person would be more familiar...

Wu Zun from Fahrenheit!


Source: http://asianfanatics.net

Name: Wu Zun (吳尊)
Real Name: Wu Ji Zun
Fahrenheit: Cool
D.O.B: 10th of October 1979
Star Sign: Libra
Blood Types: O
Height: 183cm
Weight: 72kgs
Measurements: 40, 31, 38
Education: RMIT (Australia) B. Business Majoring in Business Administration (Distinction)
Languages: Malay, English, Chinese and Hokkien
Hobbies: Basketball, Eating, Travelling, Going to the Gym
Fav. Food: All, besides oily and fatty foods.
Fav. Drink: Mocktail
Fav. Flower: Lillies
Blog: www.wretch.cc/blog/wuchun10cool

Mmhmm. Now you know what will make me really happy? If Shirota Yuu, or maybe a look-alike, would be in RMIT next year.

Oooh yeah I'm excited for life in Australia. By the way, did I mention that my Guardians in Australia are: Ken and Alison Taylor? :) You know.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



news


My portfolio/design blog www.vinakosasih.com

Currently still under construction. But I promise it will be up within a few months!


profile

person(s) reading now . <3

Photobucket

Hello. This blog was created for me to store memories. Because... I have a bad memory. hehe



juice-22 EST.2006

Find me on:
deviantART / twitter / tumblr




tagboard




to-do


graduate
christmas break
meet my family
meet gucci polo
meet totoro


shopping list


some simple t-shirts
check out Pull & Bear in London


friends


archive


participate


Website Visitor Tracking


Blog design, logo and images © Juice-22