
A few days ago, I came home from school to find this cute little thing lit up in my living room. It's a Christmas tree! =D Miniature. My mom got it for free from some optic.
And thus I decided I really want to set up the christmas tree differently this year. My short little tree has been with us since I was a toddler. And the decorations hardly ever change year by year. Always the same, colourful stuff.
Therefore, when I went to Puri with my mom today, we decided to decorate our ol' tree with white this year! ^_^ Actually, my mom didn't want to set up a tree but I insisted. What's christmas without a tree by the family?
Usually my mom is the one who buys the decorations. This year is my very first involvement... So off we go decor shopping! ^0^

They are 50% off! Man Christmas decorations are pretty darn expensive >_>

After an hour or so, our cart contained 18 brand new items to put on the tree...
My mom and I took out the tree. It was kept in this very dusty cardbox. Setting it up:
Oh and I forgot, we also bought lights. Well, we had one set. But it was colourful and we wanted the normal yellow-ish hue. Hence...
200 bulbs! Let's wind it around our tree! And viola:
Next, my mom and I had a hard time trying to make these silver branches stand on top of the tree...

Actually, many of our decorations are inspired by the trees already set up in the mall. We also bought a roll of opaque silver ribbon. I made a clover/ribbon shape with it and just placed it atop the tree.

Then, we hung stuff up, the usual way. The final product!
And with lights:
Wow wow this is a great makeover. My tree had never looked so great! ;D
A view of the treetop:
Abstract isn't it ;D
Some of the new things we bought... Well, actually, everything on this tree except a couple of stuff are new...

And this is my favourite!! Tadaa

Ohhh pretty isn't it?? My mom bought this last year, but we didn't use it since it didn't suit our tree. Well, it very much does now!
It's like something off a magical fairytale =w=
Well, aside from my tree, we also did some other decorating around the house, for instance:

I love that plant! Whatever its name is! The red is just gorgeous. Not so in my photo there but I saw one in Puri and...wow.
And on the second floor, my mom and I wound this on the railing...
Later, we added purple, and, finally, yellow!

Yep I don't think that's the end of all the decorating to be done. But that's good enough for today. Merry soon-to-be-Christmas everyone! ^_^
Labels: Christmas, christmas tree, decoration