Uniprep Graduation Jan '09

Saturday, January 24, 2009





Hello there! I have wonderful news!

Today I had my final two exams in the afternoon and at night, I had my Graduation! Here are some lovely pictures:


My bro and I at the graduation hall:



Alyssa, Me, Listy:


Us again:


My brother and his graduation certificate:
Mine:

And this was the really unexpected part. There was a prize-giving ceremony where top scorers of each streams receive a distinction certificate. So there was Science, Commerce, and when the turn came for Arts & Design (to make this clear, "Arts" and "Design" are two different streams but the classes are mostly joined together), the MC announced that it was "the brother and sister duo, Austen Kosasih and Vina Kosasih!".
O_O wow I was surprised. Didn't expect that. I didn't even know Arts and Designs were going to be separated since Arts only had 3 students. But it was super cool, and I was really happy. I mean... when was the last time I ever received a certificate for being top in class???? Not since... years ago back in primary school I think. My BBS times were hopeless except maybe for Geography and English. So yeah! It felt great to receive that cert. Twas an honour ^_^
The two of us receiving the cert together:



The cert came with another rather heavy wrapped object. Here's my cert:


And here's the little mysterious gift!

Let's open it shall we...

And oh! It's a book! On design! Hahaha... It's sweet that whoever bought this actually thought that the receiver would be taking design in the future.
And inside the book, this is written on the first page:

"Many congratulations and all the best in the future -Simon"
Aww this made me really happy. It's not just some book now, it's something to commemorate an achievement, a phase in my education.

And since I got a book on design, I thought my bro would get one on music! But instead, ...



Lol. Weird. Oh ah you can see my foot there oops =x
Here's another package from Uniprep that every student receives:


It's a laptop bag! Hehe. I've been thinking of buying one for a while now and since I have this one, I guess I won't go buying another after all :)
Okay that's all the pictures I have. You can check out my facebook some time in the future when Didi starts uploading the photos into FB. Daym FB is great.
Anyway...
I can't believe I have actually completed my foundation studies... in almost exactly one month, I'll be entering university... Wow it seems so darn fast. I remember it wasn't long when I just switched my blog name from '-The Ordinary Girl In High School-' to '-The Ordinary Girl In College-'. Haha no I don't think all of you have seen my blog name but yeah it exist and it's down right laaame xD but whatever. Now I'll be attending university! University! Gosh! Time flies so fast. I feel like I'm somewhat reluctant to leave this 'youth'.


Like Simon said in his speech, I still remember the first day of Uniprep. It was in that blue room, room 3, 4, 5. And days in Uniprep were spent mostly in Room 13 for Arts and Design students. We loved to skip English lectures, and the girls loved skipping CS lectures. We were always late by minimum half an hour for every CS Lab time. And when we have a 5-minute break between classes, it always end up extended into 20 minutes.


Ms Sherly liked to name the boys Chabie. We loved to tease Tin. And also Mr Kaca Mata hohoho. Mr Nigel loved to play hangman and make us guess the word he wanted. He also translated them into Indonesian such as "dimana pantat = whereas". Mr John was always blabbering on about sue-ing somebody in our class haha. Mr Paul is most remembered for our singing sessions with him and Waltzing Matilda. Ms Helen smiles at us a lot and is very nice even though we skip (or half-skip) her lessons a lot. Sorry Miss! Ma'am Rani is really kind and we love to tease her a bit about her cliched phrases of "this is interesting, but...". And then there's Mr Fredro, Petrick's love, and AA, the teacher we overload with our questions when doing lab exercises =p...
I feel it's a bit too fast. There was only a few hour's gap between final exam and graduation. It didn't hit me that we all would part until the final moments.
Guys, I had a great time. You all are fun and good people. Thank you for the birthday surprises, thank you for making my time in Uniprep short but sweet ;)


Wish you all success in the future!

-Vina

Labels: , ,



news


My portfolio/design blog www.vinakosasih.com

Currently still under construction. But I promise it will be up within a few months!


profile

person(s) reading now . <3

Photobucket

Hello. This blog was created for me to store memories. Because... I have a bad memory. hehe



juice-22 EST.2006

Find me on:
deviantART / twitter / tumblr




tagboard




to-do


graduate
christmas break
meet my family
meet gucci polo
meet totoro


shopping list


some simple t-shirts
check out Pull & Bear in London


friends


archive


participate


Website Visitor Tracking


Blog design, logo and images © Juice-22