recently...

Tuesday, March 3, 2009


Look! A photo!
I know I haven't been 1.blogging 2.online. Really, I have barely been active with the computer stuff lately. And why is this? Because I go to campus in the morning, and finish at 4:30PM, reach home around 6:00PM. And when I do lose my way like I did today, 7:00PM.
So let me just fill you all in on my story of... transportation. Unlike josie and Sammy who are always running after their buses, I have to run after trains. At where I live trains are quite rare and they come at like... every 15mins interval. So when you see a train and you're still not standing by the station, run for it. Or you'll be damn late for class.
And I'm still not quite used to the transportation system here in Melbourne... my first two days of school was......well didn't quite go as planned. I was late most of the time, and I had to run to the station which is approx 7mins away from my house early in the morning. By the time I got on the train, I was panting and instantly I felt hypotension creeping up. And although it was early auttumn morning, I was sweating. And when I got off the central station and walked towards my building, I walked to the left, when I was supposed to go to the right. I went pretty damn far too. T_T
Today, although I was a bit lost in the morning when arriving at Flinder's Street Station, I still managed. However, when I was going home, I took the Glen Waverly train, forgot to get out at Richmond, went express to Darling station, had to take the train back again, and then, after around what, 10 stops? I finally reached home. It was tiring I tell you. But I guess it's better than getting lost in the morning.
On my first day, I was on the train to the city. I thought the train would go to central station after flinder's str. station, so I didn't get off the train. And then. the train started to move backwards and I was so utterly shocked but thank god I could get off the next stop and go change to the other train.
...I know it sounds complicated if you don't know the train routes. Anyways the point is, it's been a lot of chaos and havoc basically.
Let us refresh you guys with some photos:
Listy and I
Me at Royal Botanical Garden... I love it there! The grass is just so comfortable to sit and lie on and you just bask in the warm sun =3


Advertisement of Indomie in Melb:


And I know I've described the house I live in before to some of you. AND YOU'RE JUST DYING FOR PICTURES ARENTCHA??? Haha well sorry but I didn't take pictures of the whole house. I just took pics of my bedroom, which is pretty small and cozy.















This wardrobe takes up 1/4 of my room. I like it! It's satisfactorily big with a joyful load of compartments.



The window which I think I described in one of my depressed Melb posts:


Oh yes and so in my homestay house, there are: Me, Listy, Minami, a married couple. Four rooms available only. The couple share a room. Minami is a Japanese students here for study tour. I'd share a photo of her, but I haven't the time to upload it to the laptop as yet... =( Maybe next time.
So what we do every night as routine is
eat dinner together
wash plates
shower and individual activities
Minami, Listy and I gather at student room, watch TV, hang out and just chat
the three of us go back to own rooms and sleep
That's one of the reasons I don't go online that often. On that note, I must say I have been healthy as a horse lately! Well, if compared to my previous lifestyle. I'm still easily tired with low stamina and all that hypotension crap. But I'm better off! I've been eating, and walking (sometimes running) every single morning and noon. Twice at noon sometimes, because I walk home from campus, then take Chiko out for walks.
And contrary to my previous blog posts.................. I have actually grown skinnier gasp O___O
I don't know how. But I have been cutting down portions a little bit so maybe that's why. And plus with the starting of uni and all that.
Okay back to the photos!
Random pics for some of my friends:






Oh and this is awesome. I went on a day tour to Phillip's Island, and this day, I had a wonderful variety of beverages which I don't usually consume on daily basis. Morning = long black coffee. Afternoon = White wine. Night = hot chocolate. And water of course throughout the day. THE WHITE WINE WAS SO AWESOME????
I had it with carbonara pasta and oh god it was just... wham! So good. I'd have 2 more glasses. Okay maybe not 2, 1. Drinking too much of it will just take the delight away.



I also met with Chu!


Proudly present our student IDs.


And also, I know I didn't talk much about school. Well here's how my lessons are so far in a nutshell. For the first lesson, it was about colour theory, and I swear it was so boring and I was feeling all cramped having to sit there listening for what seemed like ages. Fortunately we had studio time after that where we were told to design our own colour wheel. No, not the normal doughnut-shaped colour wheel, but you're supposed to just use your own creativity. I came up with this very simple simple illustration of what I called "The Colour Bug". It's this germ/parasite-legged-thing with a body of 12 bubbles each of different colours and it has eyes and yeah stuff like that. It's so simple. I saw other people's, all complicated illustrations. I can never do them. I guess it's just not my style.
The second lesson on the first day was interesting though. What a great way to end the day. Guess what we had to do??
Life drawings!!
So equipped with our own easels, A3 papers and charcoals, we formed a circle in a room and in the middle of it, this old grandma took off her green robe and posed naked. See, that was the first time I've seen a naked person, like, other than myself. But thankfully it's still a woman's body so I wasn't too shocked or anything. Listy had to do the male and female body though. So what we had to do exactly was to use charcoals and sketch the model without looking at the paper. Imagine how darn messy our work were. Lines everywhere, organs misplaced. The teacher said it was okay, all we had to do was to "feel the lines".
Next we had to use our LEFT hands to draw it. Again without looking at the paper. This was horrible.
But the next part, oh wow. We had to use our FEET to draw. So we put the charcoal between our toes and just... try. To sketch.
Oh and I forgot to mention this but the model kept moving around and changing poses so we don't have time for details.
For the second day, which is today, I actually had lots of fun. Because both classes were just so interesting for me. Yes, I did get two projects today... but to hell with that, they're interesting! And I don't mind it one bit =)
This is what's so different with high school when I took science. Here I actually LIKE the homeworks O___o... Well maybe I like it now and I will get stressed later but that's okay.

So yeah. Wow isn't this long. I'll stop here for now. Everybody's gone to bed except for me =p
Well I don't have classes tomorrow anyway. Still. Alrighty, see you all =))

Labels: ,



news


My portfolio/design blog www.vinakosasih.com

Currently still under construction. But I promise it will be up within a few months!


profile

person(s) reading now . <3

Photobucket

Hello. This blog was created for me to store memories. Because... I have a bad memory. hehe



juice-22 EST.2006

Find me on:
deviantART / twitter / tumblr




tagboard




to-do


graduate
christmas break
meet my family
meet gucci polo
meet totoro


shopping list


some simple t-shirts
check out Pull & Bear in London


friends


archive


participate


Website Visitor Tracking


Blog design, logo and images © Juice-22