imagination

Saturday, April 18, 2009


The final bite of rich, lustrous dark chocolate. Before I took it I stared at it, scrutinizing every painstakingly minute detail. The dispersed crusts of waffle, the way the solid bar glistened under the warm yellow light.

I devoured it. Crunchy, bittersweet goodness. And as I swallowed it, thick sticky remains clung onto the walls of my throat. My head fell back and I felt a soft thud of the wall behind me. I was sitting sprawled lazily on my bed, wrapped in blankets that had my laptop on it. On the table beside me the lamp illuminated this room in a way a cluster of candles would. Soft, but strong yellow hues. They cast long, languid shadows on the wall and onto the surface of the blanket; my fingers seemingly long and ever so animated against the keyboard.

How I yearn for rain, to hear that soothing sound of solid but hollow pattering on cool glass. Though how that would even more dramatically lower the temperature I dare not imagine. The whole day my limbs are nipped - I could foresee how they would sting when bathed by hot bursts of water. And then the pain slowly abating as the skin adapts to the new temperature.

I am tired of sitting around. Tired of hearing this hushed static whenever I close my eyes. What is it anyway? That sound, that is always there no matter how silent and still, that turns out to be somewhat high-pitched when you focus on listening to it, somewhat like particles smaller than sand swaying in synchronized motion.

I feel like... holding something. Something small and fragile in my palms. Something warm, soft, and delicate. Something that would shatter if I handle it too recklessly. And with this alien thing, we would embark together somewhere isolated, maybe a harbour across the busy city. We can watch the vibrant city lights, stare aimlessly at the cars moving in hordes, masses and masses of them one after another. Busy people inside, on the telephone, going for dinner, businessmen... We would look at all the surface of things but we see more than that. We would see life happening for all those individuals, busy busy individuals.

Dinner's ready so I'll stop now. Bye


news


My portfolio/design blog www.vinakosasih.com

Currently still under construction. But I promise it will be up within a few months!


profile

person(s) reading now . <3

Photobucket

Hello. This blog was created for me to store memories. Because... I have a bad memory. hehe



juice-22 EST.2006

Find me on:
deviantART / twitter / tumblr




tagboard




to-do


graduate
christmas break
meet my family
meet gucci polo
meet totoro


shopping list


some simple t-shirts
check out Pull & Bear in London


friends


archive


participate


Website Visitor Tracking


Blog design, logo and images © Juice-22