Internet will be 'down' for the whole month so if I don't blog or I blog without any pictures, understand. Also I cannot access sites such as Facebook unless I go to other places for wireless internet. The one at home is hopelessly slow since I went pass the 'limit'. It is one week Easter holiday and I am without adequate Internet browsing speed to even open a single page. My darling Lelouch is separated from me and I wake up every morning lonely and in despair. My internet... ...
Anyway. Currently I am bored and so yeah.
Since I've had tons of time in my hands (and nothing to do), naturally, I start thinking excessively. Like how I would like to live in a completely different world. For instance, living inside the world of an anime/game.
I just thought it would be so cool if everything that exists in our world now disappears. All those existing rules, technology, nature, system, classification, race, religion, even the human form itself. If these were all to change, completely, or even just a little...
If trees had faces and legs. If there were 6 seasons in a year. If snow were red. If there were wizards and knights and orcs. If we had wings. If werewolves and vampires live amongst us. If there were giant toads. If chocobos exist. If there were multiple cities floating in the sky on clouds. If deserts were invaded by sand monsters. If we could cast magic. If there were ancient ruins guarded by gigantic guardians. If there was a city deep beneath the ocean. If mermaids and mermen invaded the oceans. If the sky could be completely purple. If we could ride on top of a gigantic bird-like monster. If we could summon. If there were weekly carnivals more scary than fun. If skeletons could dance. If we can live without having to be judged. If the world only had simple rules. If we could just reach out, grab a star, and eat it. If fairies existed.
Oh the list goes on.
If life was like playing a game.
I always wondered since I was young. I've always enjoyed reading books, watching animes, reading mangas, playing games, and thus my imagination was fed with fantasy and things unreal. And it never ever ceased to strike me, that if I could just be that character in that completely new world... how wonderful would that be.
How exciting... sigh...
And I asked myself the most difficult question of Why. Why do I long to be in that completely different world so much? Well, because it's new to me. There is much to explore.
Then my mind started to wind back. In this world I'm living in right now, isn't there still a whole
lot for me to explore...? Maybe things that I've never minded before in my entire life. Like politics...history... And a weird thing about me is that I often start to like things that I hated when I was young. The word 'business' came into my mind.
Business. Will I ever start to like business? Maybe. Maybe I would like being the boss. To have a whole group of people below me knowing I'm better than them. Ha. My pride never goes away.
What if I could be another person altogether? You know, all my life I've just been me. This person that I know. With this set of skills, this interest, that heritage. If let's say I could be a man from Britain named, say, Frank, and I work as a researcher... I do things like miraculously spotting the 19th planet in the universe and then set off to the said planet as an astronaut. But I'd have to leave my wife and kids behind and after 2 months with no news, finally it was announced that I was dead since there was a leak in the space shuttle...
You know what.
I don't want to be a man.
And I certainly don't want to be middle-aged already.
I also can't be damned even if there were 100 planets in the universe. It's not like the government ever allow anyone to settle in another planet. It's not like there's even settlement. It's not like we can transport millions of people there.
But if we could.
Hmmm....
And then we would be the beginning of the planet's history. We would be the earliest to settle there. And there would be completely new kinds of architecture. One day we meet with the locals and it turns out they have wings (yay!). We inter-breed and soon almost everyone have wings. Neat stuff, those. We also have the genes to have cool hair colours like pale blue, or pink. And everyone would look like Final Fantasy characters.
How exciting!
You probably already notice I'm just ranting about my own imagination. I mean what else is there to do, sleep?? Feh.
I wish I wish I wish, that those kinds of virtual reality gadgets would be released soon where players can really enter the game world. I think I would be totally addicted though and spend half of my life in the game. Gee. BUT I REALLY REALLY WANT IT!!! Come on game developers! IT experts! Inventors! I root for you guys! Go go go!!!