I Didn't Break a Mirror, So Why?

Tuesday, May 19, 2009


I know I promised to blog about the Japan festival, but not now guys. I've been very busy lately... projects are piling up... the end of the semester is near. Can you believe it, I've gone through half of my first year in uni. only 2.5 years left.

So anyway, I'm blogging about this now because I don't want to forget this day and I know if I delay this I will never blog about it and will forget it in the future. So here goes...


Woke up in the morning on time today, had breakfast and all that. One time I was closing the bedroom door and suddenly I cut my finger. Didn't know how it happened, it was like magic. Blood came out and all that but it was a relatively small cut so I just used anticeptic and a bandaid. Everything else was right. No running late. I went out of the house, walking slowly taking my time. No train to run for, I was right on schedule, early even.

Halfway down the road, there was a construction site, and as I walked around some pile of rocks, I slipped on one and tripped. Didn't fall, but I felt something was not right. I looked down at my foot to see the strap of my slippers were broken. Since I was early anyway, I dismissed this little accident, quickly strode back home, changed into sneakers, and went out again. I was very fast, because if I missed the next train I would've been very late.

So I reached Camberwell, and I saw there was already a train at the place where I usually take my change. I ran inside and fortunately I got in in time. What was wrong about this, was that it was a train to Flinders St, not City Loop train. So I apparantly got on the wrong train... Okay, no panick. I still had time, could still get off at Richmond and get on the City Loop.

However I had to wait an extra 8 minutes doing so...

But I reached the class in time nonetheless, only a mere 5 minutes late and that didn't matter. I sat down and did some uni survey with the others, when this girl beside me showed her friend her proofsheet, which is due today. I was baffled. I just remembered that I left mine at home! And I've completed the proofsheet sooo long ago, the day after it was issued.

Angry at myself and very weary, I decided to go home again to get it back... Yes I know, sigh. So I went on the damned train again, very very pissed. Then I saw this teenage boy sitting several seats across me with his pet dog, a Great Dane, lying on the floor. It pleased me to see a dog, and my hands were itching to touch it, but I kept my distance. At the next stop, the people who were sitting close to it went off and the two seats beside the owner were empty. Then the dog actually went up the seats! And it took up both seats... I was going to sit there to pet it but since the seat was taken up by the dog, I tried to put the thought away.

Then as if it read my mind, the dog shifted to one side and so only took up one seat, leaving the other empty!

I couldn't take it anymore, I didn't care. I stood up and walked awkwardly towards them then sat beside the dog who was between me and his master. I looked at the teen and asked him if I could pet the dog and he said yeah. The canine, tail wagging as I sat down, suddenly LICKED my face with his big long tongue. I gasped, shocked. And I felt the colour rise to my cheeks. It was a happy moment. The owner, who was my age btw, didn't respond to any of this, and at the next stop, he tightened the leash and they went down the train.

He must have not liked me.

I felt sad because my companion was taken away from me and I was left desolate and feeling down again.

Reaching Camberwell, I went to the usual place where I wait for the Alamein train. However, it was Belgrave train... then it was the Lilydale train in 9 minutes... Alamein train never came. This Indian lady asked me whether the train from across us was going to Alamein and me being pissed, I just replied curtly saying it wasn't taking any passengers. Because in my knowledge so far, those trains never do. I always take the train to Alamein in that one particular platform. After a while, I saw the lady go up the bridge to go to the platform with the train she pointed out. I shook my head and thought "well, I guess it's not her fault entirely she doesn't trust a single person's speech".

But how wrong I was. Because suddenly, that train MOVED. In the direction of Alamein. I watched the lady who's already settled in the carriage, and saw the words "alamein" printed on the train screen.

I would have screamed. DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT!!! I waited SO LONG in this stupid platform when the train was there all along! In the other platform! Way over there! Gah! I spent all that time and now I have to hurry even more...

After finally getting on the Alamein train, I ate my salad lunch while on the carriage, walked home, microwaved 2 pre-cooked chickens to eat, got my proofsheet, walked back to the station again. Didn't even have the time to stop. I brought my book Earthsea Quartet with me to read so I wouldn't feel so fidgety and pissed.

It was noon and the sun was getting very hot. I took off my knit wool jacket and stuffed it into my bag. I wasn't aware when it fell out onto the dirty, dusty concrete, and I STEPPED on it. With my sneakers.

I.was.so.effing.pissed.

I threw my book (which was thick btw) onto a bench and it made this very loud BANG but I didn't care. No one was around anyway except for another Indian man stranger. I was in no mood to think about his(or anyone's) impression of me. I was becoming mad and the sun made it worse.

On the way to the city I had to get off and on the same train 3x to make sure it was a city loop train. It was quite embarassing but I wasn't in the mood to care, really.

Finally I reached RMIT. I was 8 minutes late for the next class, but when I reached there everyone was doing surveys so it didn't matter, I didn't miss anything.

Class was pretty okay. Nothing unlucky happened to me then, at least. I used a cutter and even after that I was still unharmed.

The session ended past 4:30PM. I was mentally fatigued. It was a tiring one. I made my way to the Music Club building which was VERY VERY far away. I had to take the video documentation today. So even though I was tired and reluctant, I walked there, thinking how after that I could at least go home having one thing one.

I went the wrong direction twice. Twice.

I walked straight down this road with my mind somewhere else and when I realised it, I saw myself in an unfamiliar surrounding. Spacing out. Oh yes, so very Vina. So I stopped in my track, and this blonde girl in a dress walked past me. Then I turned around, and walked in the direction she went. She must have thought I was stalking her, for she kept turning around with this look and started walking faster and faster. I wasn't, of course. Duh. Just because you were wearing some pretty dress doesn't make me want to stalk you, damn narcist person.

Finally I found the music room after much effort. The reason why it was harder to find it this time was because, I realised, the door had been open last time. This time it was closed. I turned the knob. And it remained closed.

I became quite violent.

But the door didn't budge. I couldn't believe it, I was exasperated. I came all this way... to this... Very depressedly, I made my way back... But before the train station, I dropped by the library first to return the book overdue. Then I walked to the station... went in the train... reached Camberwell... went down, and saw that the Alamein train is only due in 2 minutes still. So I walked quite leisurely, and when I was still going uphill, suddenly the train arrived!!! I was like WTF!!?!?!? Since when did "2 Minutes" change to "NOW"???

So I ran. Bags bouncing things clattering pants NOT falling, thank god. Uphill, downhill... why does Camberwell need to have a stupid overhead bridge? Don't they know how troublesome it is to get from platform to platform???

Fortunately I got in the train. Didn't miss it. If I did... hmph. Wrist cutting for me. =.= But I was rather breathless nonetheless.

So I reached home, after a while had dinner... all was good. Then I went on to wash my dishes.

When I wash dishes, I wear a glove. Everyone in the house do. We all share the same glove that's beside the sink. I finished washing, and I was going back to my room, when I realised... hey, the bandaid on my finger is gone.

I groaned. No, no, no! How could even THIS happen??? I yelled at Listy who was washing, and she didn't even realise the bandaid was there... well, it was stuck to her finger, actually. Funny.

Then I went back to my room, and started typing, and suddenly the little cut split open again. Oh hello again blood!

...
...
...


Today

is

so

not

my

day.

Labels:



news


My portfolio/design blog www.vinakosasih.com

Currently still under construction. But I promise it will be up within a few months!


profile

person(s) reading now . <3

Photobucket

Hello. This blog was created for me to store memories. Because... I have a bad memory. hehe



juice-22 EST.2006

Find me on:
deviantART / twitter / tumblr




tagboard




to-do


graduate
christmas break
meet my family
meet gucci polo
meet totoro


shopping list


some simple t-shirts
check out Pull & Bear in London


friends


archive


participate


Website Visitor Tracking


Blog design, logo and images © Juice-22