Basically I shall talk about yesterday. I know, how lame, no I don't care.
So I woke up, did some laundry, and microwaved Indomie (don't ask) - the one with the 'soup'. As I did so, my mom SMS-ed me to thank me and my brother for leaving her a birthday present. That's right, folks, it's my Mom's bday yesterday!
WISH HER A HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
So right before we left Indonesia, I secretly stowed her present in a cabinet nobody opens, and yesterday morning I SMS-ed her panicking about 'a CD I forgot to bring to Melbourne' and where to find it. So yeah!
And since my mind was busy with the SMS, I COMPLETELY forgot that if something just came out a microwave, do not by any means open its plastic cling wrap using your bare fragile hands. Especially if it's got soup. Which was what I did, naturally, I innocently flung the plastic open and this torrent of extremely hot air attacked my poor hand. I squealed (?) shrieked (?) gasped (??) ...or did I just shout? Yeah I think I did. I know, forgive my lack of cuteness =.=
In super reflex, I quickly turned the tap on at max coldness and let my index and middle finger cool there. It was paiiiinnn. My finger was swollen red for the rest of the day and I had to keep applying lotion on it. At times it became so hot, like it's actually burning.
So after that breakfast, I left the house. Went to the city. Stopped by the asian snack store to buy a pack of strawberry Pocky and vanilla Hello Panda. Then I walked to my building, and slumped myself on the seat of the computer lab. And started doing my work.
You ask me why I don't do it at home. Well, I don't have stupid Adobe inDesign and thus circumstances made me travel all the way here. It's complicated.
At 2:00pm, I felt a bit hungry. You notice that I haven't had anything to eat since that horrifying bowl of indomie with the plastic wrap that sort of melted into it. Alas, a sign that said, in big bold letters, "DO NOT EAT IN THE LAB" was right in front of my face. But I could care less because anyway, I was only eating some snacks. It's not gonna smell or dirty anything. I couldn't be bothered to save all my work, go out, get something to eat, then come back again. Too bothersome.
So for lunch all I had was disgusting pocky with sour strawberry flakes (it was so horrible I had to check the expiry date) and Hello Panda, which I didn't finish since my poor stomach was rejecting anything else sweet.
And by 4:00pm, I was dying. My brain was starting to get slow, forming a single paragraph in the amazing time of 20 minutes. I was only 2/3 done. By 5:00pm, fortunately, I could force my brain into that final emission of sentences and then, I was done. Oh how joyous.
I saved all my work, checked, went into the lift. And in the lift there's this mirror and I was just appalled by the sight of myself. My cheeks were both very red, and above my cheeks, below my eyes, was a big black bag. .....It was horrifying beyond words. That's what people who've spent half a day eating nothing but snacks while doing their projects look like. Well, at least, I did.
And forgive me for having no picture to share, since I came home that day to the announcement "the internet's passed its limit". So I am now having slow internet with no hope of opening sites like facebook. Even opening my RMIT e-mail took some time. I HATE MELBOURNE'S INTERNET!!!
So at night all I did was chat and watch the DVD from PICTOPLASMA Characters in Motion 2. My mom called that night and apparently she and Dad was having dinner at that Japanese cuisine restaurant... BASARA!!! OMG!!! I'm so jealous... T.T And also, it appears my Dad sent her flowers early in the morning! Wow that's so unexpected and totally sweet *^_^* my Dad is so youthful at heart~
So what is Vina going to do for the rest of the weekend? Well... definitely be doing my project at home (borrowing Listy's MAC). I am just going to take my own sweet time doing it since I have no internet a.k.a nothing else to do anyway. That's also the reason why this blog post is so long-winded and detailed! ^_^ ehhehe.
And on Sunday what am I going to do? I don't know... I think I shall die of boredom if I stay in. Perhaps shall go bookworming at the library, or maybe visit my bro's apartment to hog his internet.
Message to Susan and Ratna: WHY ARE U GUYS NEVER ONLINE??? Go on MSN and chat with ur overseas friend T.T
Labels: adobe, Birthday, inDesign, Pictoplasma