Weeee~! I'm happy today!!! ^.~
I was being a bit emo yesterday but you know what today I totally indulged myself and I just smiled the whole day. The weather is great, the day is great, and I'm just simply happy! It seems that the less you think about unhappy/stressful things, the more you enjoy every single day. So unwind, smile to strangers, and be happy~! (Reinar's project actually proves to be useful??? O_o in the oddest way, who'd have thought?)
So I started this day actually thinking I would be spending it alone at the library enjoying a novel, which, actually, is not bad for me but most people seem to be against it. But then I ended up making lunch plans with my brother~ I had the sudden urge to have some Japanese (NOT cheap sushi) so we ran to Ajisen Ramen at Bourke St.

My brother ordered Volcano Ramen, I ordered Omu Rice and we shared takoyaki. Yummm doesn't that picture make you salivate? ;D
I paid for everything (oh what a kindly sister I am) which was $30 in total. Then we had a little bit of alley adventure into weird shops and 7eleven. Even though we were already full, my bro pulled us to this cafe where he bought this chocolate waffle for $6.

There's choc ice cream inside and he claims it's REALLY GOOD but when I ate it it's just normal. Hahahha. If you take it away it's $5 if you eat in it's $6. I swear I've never been in a cafe that charges it like that.
After that we went to Woolsworth for grocery shopping~
We bought ingredients for a menu I'm asking my brother to cook, that's Cheese and Chilli Chicken Chunks. MMMMmmmmmm it's so good. I miss it! I can't wait to taste it on Tuesday. I'm starting to trust my bro's cooking skill now since he showed me his fancy Alessi-like kitchenware. (If you don't know what Alessi is well I'm not surprised. You must not be from design then, yet again, most people aren't.)
The grapes total up to 1kg, which is $13... why are grapes so expensive??? omg.
So to sum it all up, I spent $100 today. Wowwww like I said, I indulged. Plus it's groceries that took most of that up. Still. It made me happy =3

We went back to his apartment and put down all the stuff. Then I went to the RMIT library and spent some time picking a novel I'd like to read. I actually saw TWILIGHT there... whew. I borrowed this very pretty book titled 'Snow Flower and the Secret Fan' which is about a girl and her lifestyle during ancient China. It's quite intriguing.
I crossed the road to the State Library to read it since nothing beats reading at State Library. The ambience there is just soooo.... ah it makes you want to read. And it's so much nicer there since it's so quiet and thus the imagination comes alive at every sentence.

I forgot to mention that I met Shelly before entering and she was loitering around there trying to talk to strangers. Hahhaha. Oh the fate we share...!
My favourite place to read.


On the train home I took a picture of this grandpa in front of me.

And then I remembered I had a similar picture of another grandpa too!!! From several months ago.
Labels: Ajisen Ramen, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, victoria library, Woolsworth