
Aren't changes great?
Surely I'm not the only one getting sick of that overly wide layout and the grey mix with candy colour scheme. And my old readers surely know I've used the left panel for far too long already.
Well aside from my blog, I've also changed a lot as a person in the past few weeks. For one, I now have a proof of citizenship and a driving license. I also learned more about the world, through conversations with my family, and this great book called The Alchemist. I also learned to appreciate the people around me, and to love them more.
Not long ago I thought "seems like life only started for me the moment I stepped on Melbourne", but that is so far from the truth and now I can't believe the thought even crossed my mind. The thing is, before Melbourne, I lived through the days following a routine. In Melbourne, I broke the routine, but I was still oblivious to what living could really be. But now I'm back in Jakarta and now I see clearer about life and it is partly about love, following your dreams, trying your best and living for the moment. (The Alchemist, anyone??)
Soo... I probably sound like some guy in some sort of campaign preaching about enlightenment -_-' but the point is I feel like I'm a better person now. And I see things with better understanding. Kind of like how a baby bird feels when it first learns how to flap its wings.
Deep stuff aside, I love roses! Especially pale coloured ones. Red ones are lovely too of course. I got a bunch from a wedding party the other day and I decided I'd make press flowers out of them so I googled instructions for it. Hung the roses upside down in my closet for 2 days, and now they're being pressed amidst my humongous pile of Maths books accumulated from sec 1. Don't know how they will turn out :s
Back to deep stuff, I now have a brand new favourite quote:
The secret of life is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.
Have a great day guys :D
Labels: blog layout, flowers, roses