my tiny sanctuary

Monday, July 26, 2010


Well I certainly did not expect to write another blog in such a short duration! This is good! So in this post I just want to make it short, really, since I have a lecture tomorrow morning. Here are some photos of my room!


I just tidied up everything, thrown out all the trash and all. Feels exhilarating to actually have empty space on my table. You have no idea what sorts of things were piling up there.

So from the left you see my lotion, room spray, kimidoll from Chu, mini drawer containing beads, strings and little trinkets, a used Moxie container where I put in my $1 coins for laundry, then a random bible that I got from some guy handing them out on the streets (I never opened that bible, but I thought it looked pretty nice on my table anyway), 'The Portrait of a Lady" by Henry James which I have yet to finish reading... honestly speaking I actually don't think I ever will (*cough* boring *cough*), "The Last Concubine" by Lesley Downer which I am reading at the moment and it's a great book, "Alice I Have Been" by Melanie Benjamin (done), "Can't Buy My Love" by Jean Kilbourne which is the advertising book I mentioned in the previous post.

Then on the little windowsill there's a seashell which I keep since it looks like a boob so I call it boobshell, a badge from Juen which apparently she thinks looks like me, 500 rupiah coin, 5 cent coin, 3d glasses, miniature mannequin which I shaped to look motivational! Next, hanging down from a pink string, are my keychains, from the top, is the alien from Tasmania's marketplace which my brother said looks like me. Sadly, I have just cut half its mouth off since the string came loose so now it's only half-lipped. I felt so guilty I pat the doll's head several times and apologised. Below it is the pretty pink bird presented as a gift from my brother who was considerate enough to think of me during one of his dates.

Beside the window is a printout of a Melbournian sunset. I think that was around Autumn where the skies were beautiful every single day. Then you see Gulo, my precious little doll from a quaint little lace shop in Tasmania. It's meant to remind me of Gucci and Polo. It's sitting above a pretty rose-patterned pillow from Index, Indonesia. Then there's my sleeping pillow which has a lavender sachet from Hokkaido inside it that helps me sleep sometimes.



On the wall to the right of the uh...wall you see in the previous picture, there is another window! I have two windows in my little room~ And today the weather was absolutely perfect, the sky was brilliant! But alas I was stuck at home with my projects (boy do I have a lot). But that's perfectly okay with me! Who says you can't enjoy the weather from the inside. I opened the windows to let the fresh air in, wore the silk over-kimono from Beijing which I usually wear to sleep (it is white, and printed with images of cherry blossoms and peacocks), jumped onto my fluffy bed, laid amongst my pillows, hugged Gulo, turned on some music, put my feet up on the cool window, and relaxed... aaah... life is great. Felt like I was walking on the sky.


This is the continuation of that wall, I hang lots of my clothes here and this happened to be one of my rare-wears, it's actually my mom's sweater so it's rather baggy if I wear it. But the colour struck me as attractive a few days ago so I decided to put it on. Red makes you feel special. And it was even better hung against my white wall with the sunshine pouring through making the colour contrast so stark and crisp, and... just simply a good photo right?

That's it about my room (for now at least)! Cao~


Labels: , , , , , ,



news


My portfolio/design blog www.vinakosasih.com

Currently still under construction. But I promise it will be up within a few months!


profile

person(s) reading now . <3

Photobucket

Hello. This blog was created for me to store memories. Because... I have a bad memory. hehe



juice-22 EST.2006

Find me on:
deviantART / twitter / tumblr




tagboard




to-do


graduate
christmas break
meet my family
meet gucci polo
meet totoro


shopping list


some simple t-shirts
check out Pull & Bear in London


friends


archive


participate


Website Visitor Tracking


Blog design, logo and images © Juice-22