Manifest 2010

Monday, August 23, 2010


Went to Manifest 2010 on Sunday! It was at Melbourne Showgrounds. Juen and I woke up very early to catch the tram there. But we missed it... and ended up catching a cab because we didn't want to be stuck in a long queue, and also, I fell down while running and injured my knee @_@ So if you see photos of me with a big hole on my stocking, and blood...well, that's what happened. And it's been hurting me since yesterday. I'm still in pain until now... *limps everywhere*

Also, that was my first time being in cosplay to an event. No, not even - it was my first time to an anime event. If you notice, my costume is different from the one in the photoshoot. Well, that wasn't my dress, it was Listy's, and apparently I have fattened up in a few months so I couldn't fit in it anymore. Sobsob! So I did a last minute improvisation. It was a black dress, so I guess it didn't really matter.

Blogger is really annoying in how it's really difficult to rearrange the photos once uploaded, so everything is in one big chronological mess. Sorry!

This is the chocolate mud cake we had at the maid cafe. I must say it wasn't very good... and they served instant soup too. The place wasn't nice either. The maid cafe was rather disappointing :(


The awesome and friendly guys cosplaying Trinity Blood! They were very friendly. Juen looks so small in between them!


These are the guys cosplaying crisis core. Well they weren't very keen on the photo..


These are awesome! I love their group pose. One of the little ones came over when I was asking them if I could take a photo with them, and her falsies were coming off. So I told her I brought eyelash glue and in the end, I helped her fix her falsies... lol.

Then the complete group came over and did a group pose. I wanted my photo!! The tall green-haired girl in red told me to go to the middle of them, but there were so many people taking photos of the group that I felt bad for being the little bug from another series. lol. So I stood at the side, got a pic, then hopped away.


I told myself that I simply had to take pictures with other vocaloid cosplayers. So I hopped in with these guys. I look very short... and they're all asians. I didn't realise I was so... stumpy.


This Miku here... we asked for each other's photo at the same time. It was chemistry. Too bad she wasn't in magnet. Actually, I didn't see any magnet vocaloids except me. And I thought there would be a lot!




There was this long stretch of wall where many cosplayers were having mini-shoots. I tried my hand in that.


And look here's Domo-kun! He waved at me slowly once... and I waved back. Kawaiii...!! *glomps*

Don't question why I was holding his tummy so oddly. He wasn't easy to hug properly...


Saber from Fate/Stay Night





Digimon! Oh man I loved them!



The guys from Vocaloid Imitation Black


Awesome-looking Belle! Felt like Disneyland for a moment there..


And this is my absolute favourite!!! The first time I saw her, she was watching the Gundam Workshop if I'm not mistaken. So I didn't want to disturb. The second time, she was watching Anime Idol. Again, I'd feel bad to ask for a photo then. But finally! I spotted her! Very happy~


Very cool Bleach guys!


Kaname from Vampire Knight! He was one of the Anime Idol contestants.


I didn't know where this cutie is from, but Sherly told me it's from Starry Sky. If I had played that game I guess I would've used the chance to fangirl like mad. But unfortunately I didn't :p


Here's a cute charmander!


And pikachu!


Sorry I strangled you... I didn't notice. You were too cute.


I didn't notice these guys were from Umineko No Naku Koro Ni until I went home and took a closer look.


Kame hame haaa!


Yay got a picture with Vanille! I just love her costume...


And a picture with Yuna! I really should've asked her if we could switch costumes for a while...zzz


Here are the girls from Maid Cafe


These guys were one of my favourites too! Catch you catch you catch me catch me~


Hugging robot! The people were friendly at Manifest... they all love to hug


Kingdom Heart's neoshadow!


Cute Ouran High School boys ~






I love these girls. They were very nice. Hahhaha


Stepping out of Manifest took me out of the fantasy world where almost everyone were in costume, back to... Melbourne. Winter coats, hoodies, jeans, etc. awww

Yeah! So that wraps up my Manifest 2010 experience. To everyone who plans to go, go in cosplay! It's so much more fun~


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,



news


My portfolio/design blog www.vinakosasih.com

Currently still under construction. But I promise it will be up within a few months!


profile

person(s) reading now . <3

Photobucket

Hello. This blog was created for me to store memories. Because... I have a bad memory. hehe



juice-22 EST.2006

Find me on:
deviantART / twitter / tumblr




tagboard




to-do


graduate
christmas break
meet my family
meet gucci polo
meet totoro


shopping list


some simple t-shirts
check out Pull & Bear in London


friends


archive


participate


Website Visitor Tracking


Blog design, logo and images © Juice-22