Well I must say I'm not as jumpy as I was in the previous post. I shan't speak of any optimism stuff in this post. Lol. See, it's been gloomy and miserable all day. The wind was practically banging on my window since morning. I think it might've woken me up, and it's still extremely strong right now. Bare tree branches, grey skies, wild winds... that equates to me sitting in my room, with my desk lamp, listening to old jazz, and very much fighting the temptation to drink wine - a missing object in my life.
Gosh why don't I turn 18 already... What a waste of opportunities to unwind. Well no worries, I shall have my birthday soon and then I will be free!
Anyway it should be obvious already, I'm bloody sleepy at the moment. But I just feel so guilty if I don't work on my project... my to-do list is... the longest one I've had, thanks to advertising. Remember what I said in the previous post about not thinking about it and leaving the stressing for later? Now is the 'later' phase. Yes. My face pretty much looks like your favourite old shirt right now. Worn, and faded. Fading....zzzz
Blogging is keeping me sane at least. So let's talk about a recent book I read! I've been itching to get my hands on a copy of Wuthering Heights since about a month ago, and I started reading it last night and finished it this morning. I slept in between, by the way. So yeah it was a very very slim volume, around 90 pages. Very fast read. It's rather odd, since it's purely a novel of the romance genre, but there wasn't as much flowery, descriptive scenes like in other romance novels. It was really like a chain of narratives, leaving the reader to his/her own sensitivity and romance I guess.
Maybe that's pretty much why I finished the book, put it down, and didn't really go crazy about it though I did enjoy it very much. But then I spent the rest of the day thinking about the characters and hey... so it's got a sweet aftertaste! A true romance novel!

Romance novels are great, but I don't really enjoy the modern ones. They're too I don't know... something about most of them. Maybe their book covers are too pink and flashy. I just prefer the classics, like Jane Eyre, which is a must-read, it is definitely one of the best romance novels. I cried reading it when I was around 13. lol.
Yeah romance novels. I think it's how the characters are always so passionate and genuine, it is like the ideal lover, it's all so romanticised, it just isn't possible in real life unfortunately. (I'm not talking about glittering white skin... okay I really must stop hating.)
So, my project is driving me to mental fatigue and therefore I think I really need to get myself a new book to turn to in times of turmoil. My next destination is! Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. I've already placed a hold in the library for it so I should get in the next few days. Yay!
Ah... end of blog post... this means back to project? :( ... *sobs in corner*
Labels: book review, charles dickens, charlotte bronte, emily bronte, great expectations, jane eyre, romance, wuthering heights