200 Stems of Love

Thursday, October 14, 2010



I promised I would show you my readers, the lavenders that were expected to arrive, and today is the day! 



Used my handwritten name and VK rose monogram from my folio project xP 
Well, I made them already so might as well apply~



Would I miss this opportunity to cam-whore with these lovely flowers? Of course not, the Libra in me will not allow it. 

So the two batches of lavenders are quite different... stem colours are different, even the shapes of the  flower buds themselves. Probably because they are different types of lavenders. I actually didn't even check the lavender types when I 'accidentally' bought them... oh well. Both batches are charming in their own way :D




Now to report what my room smells like. Well... as some of you know, I have a Lavender oil diffuser in my room already prior to the arrival of these authentic babies. So oil diffuser + real lavenders + hand cream = an eruption of aromas which will most definitely lull you to sleep. If you don't already know, lavender scent helps you sleep. I actually have a pouch of dried lavender from Hokkaido which I slip underneath my pillow. It works. So I took a 3-hour nap today. Dot dot dot. (Do not remind me about my projects, I am well aware that I am screwed.)




For the batch with the longer, darker coloured stem, I arranged them in this treasure chest I picked up from the whatever shop. As for the shorter, green-stemmed batch, I hung them upside down in my wardrobe hoping to scent my clothes with it. I just hope nothing weird happens to that, you never know. Do bugs like dried lavender? No...right? ...Right?





Update:

Some of the insects that attack dried flowers also attack stored food in the cupboards, but otherwise, the primary harm done by insect pests of dried flowers is the destruction of flower petals, leaves and other plant parts that are eaten by larvae.
Damage is done by the caterpillar stage. Caterpillars are off–white with shades of yellow, pink or green and up to 1/2 inch long. Infested flowers may be covered with fine silk webbing spun by the larvae. Caterpillars live for four to six weeks and often leave infested items when mature and crawl for long distances on ceilings and walls before stopping to spin a cocoon.


What do I do????

Labels: , , , ,



news


My portfolio/design blog www.vinakosasih.com

Currently still under construction. But I promise it will be up within a few months!


profile

person(s) reading now . <3

Photobucket

Hello. This blog was created for me to store memories. Because... I have a bad memory. hehe



juice-22 EST.2006

Find me on:
deviantART / twitter / tumblr




tagboard




to-do


graduate
christmas break
meet my family
meet gucci polo
meet totoro


shopping list


some simple t-shirts
check out Pull & Bear in London


friends


archive


participate


Website Visitor Tracking


Blog design, logo and images © Juice-22