cloudless blue sky

Thursday, October 7, 2010


Ken was sitting on a big cushioned chair, on the edge of a stream. I say edge because the structure of the stream was like a waterfall, but the water was not rapid enough to call it one. Still on his chair, he leaned back until his chair falls over slowly, and he enjoys the trickling water. From the bank I shouted at him to be careful, because the rocks beside his head were falling apart. He turned his head and was startled when the rocks beside him had given away and was giving him a view of the plunging cliff. So he swung his legs which made his chair stand upright again, shifted to a spot further from the cliff, and then fell back once more. He did all these while stuck to his chair. Weird one.

After seeing that he was safe, I walked into the jungle. My brother was there and there were lots of hanging vines. I joked and told him to act like Tarzan. He disappeared behind a thick tree bark and when he reappeared he was beside me and dropped this black animal on my left shoulder. I shrieked, caught the shadow of a very quick spider. My brother caught the spider in his hands and ran away laughing.

I met him again in a house that looks like my own house in Indonesia, but larger and slightly different. He handed me a rock with a dry-loooking snake in it. We played with this snake-rock. To describe it, the rock has lots of holes and so we insert the head and tail of the snake into different holes.

It was fun at first until I realised that by doing this, we were forcing the head of a live (possibly dying) snake into the rough, cramped hole. I felt guilty. I held the snake's head and looked at it. It snapped at me and started to go wild. It turned into a turtle. I decided to let the turtle take a break for a while, so I released it on the floor where it ran so wildly I had to capture it again. It snapped at me furiously, and the thought of letting it go back to being a "rock toy" was dreadful and heartless. I felt it so passionately that almost in tears, I begged my father to release this poor creature (who was still trying to snap at my finger). He said it's fine, so I brought the turtle to my pond (where all the old fishes and turtles had grown into a remarkable size) and even before I reached the water, the turtle escaped from my grip, fell to the ground, scurried up the concrete, knowing his way like he has been here many times before, and jumped into the water where he swam beautifully.

I see some symbolisms in this dream, if only someone could interpret it for me =(

Labels: , , , , , , ,



news


My portfolio/design blog www.vinakosasih.com

Currently still under construction. But I promise it will be up within a few months!


profile

person(s) reading now . <3

Photobucket

Hello. This blog was created for me to store memories. Because... I have a bad memory. hehe



juice-22 EST.2006

Find me on:
deviantART / twitter / tumblr




tagboard




to-do


graduate
christmas break
meet my family
meet gucci polo
meet totoro


shopping list


some simple t-shirts
check out Pull & Bear in London


friends


archive


participate


Website Visitor Tracking


Blog design, logo and images © Juice-22