this afternoon's
I was admiring the skies all day, it is a grand masterpiece. An art that is for everyone, of all races, rich and poor. The sky is definitely one of the most wonderful gift God has given me personally. It transcends any other object I can obtain. I can't explain precisely what I feel towards the sky with words. I do know that it is one of the most inspiring things you can see. When you look at a city landscape and your eyes scour over the man-made buildings, bring your eyes up and it feels like the sky and the clouds that tread across it is all some kind of magic that cannot be understood. I look at it every day and I never question it. I never question its function, its science, its design. The whole earth is under the sky's reign. And the sun. And the moon. And the stars. And what do we live on? We stand upon the earth, breathe the air, drink the water, feed from what's made possible by the earth. Then we rob these resources, we destroyed many things. We destroy what was generously given to us. Well yes, we were born into this Earth to live off it. We are indeed supposed to use it to live. But could we not have taken better care of the Earth? We have mothers and fathers who fed us, financed us, took care of us. We return the favour do we not? We take care of them as well. Do we?
I want to share with you what I feel about nature. To be honest, I'm not the kind of person who would be overjoyed to be left to live in a jungle. No, I love the city. I love the lights, the design, the art. I love humans. But some things make me feel liberated. Some things make me feel like the air is rushing into my lungs and my heart is pumping, blood is rushing. Moments like when you open your windows and the wind rushes in, dances in your hair. Things like waking up at 3 then not being able to go back to sleep and then end up watching the sunrise. Sometimes being in touch with nature makes you realise how powerful it is. You know what I want to do? I want to strip naked, hop on a hot air balloon, and journey across the sky. Why naked you ask? Because it's nature, and it's liberating. Most people can't understand this feeling I'm speaking of. Can you?
Labels: nature, sky