Today I went to Plaza Senayan to check out the Japan Pop Culture Festival 2012.
I wanted to see the cosplay and AKB48 also JKT48!
Well, I missed the cosplay events... I went to PS and ate at Mos Burger. After eating, I struggled to find a space amongst the crazy crowd and finally settled on the second floor railing. When I reached there, the event was JKT48 showing off their outfit coordinates.
Then there was a looong break.........
And finally AKB48 appeared!!!!!!!!
I have never listened to their songs or seen them before I just know their name. But when they went on stage, escorted by a whole pack of security guards in neon green vests, I became sooo excited! Then they appeared in the white light of the stage looking all slim and clean and beautiful!
So... thanks to that event, I went home and checked out a lot of AKB48 stuffs and now I like them! Though... I only like one song enough to put it in my iTunes, which is this:
When I watch them it makes me feel happy and light.
I remembered my experience in a maid cafe in Japan. The maid told us that a maid is forever 17. Because 'this is a fantasy world for everyone. People come here to be happy and forget their troubles'.
Since AKB48 is a product of Akihabara, they no doubt follow the same concept.