Good morning everyone!
Today is the earliest I've woken up in the morning for the past few weeks. And the reason for that is, I've been gardening!
My very first successful plant here in Indonesia is mint plant:
Mint is sooooooo unbelievably easy to grow! Even a complete amateur like me managed to make it thrive! I've read many sayings that it's easier to grow a mint plant from a mother plant rather than seed. So I went to the supermarket and bought a bunch of good quality fresh mints with older, larger stems. Then I put some in a glass of water while the rest straight into soil.
The ones in water grew roots really quickly and soon I transferred them into soil. Sadly, a few days later, those were accidentally crushed...
As for the ones I planted directly into soil, about half of them died while the other half lived. Perhaps I didn't give them enough space? Not sure... It wasn't too crowded though (I think).
But anyway, the one that lived is now just super healthy and thriving and the leaves are big beautiful and smell amazing. I like to brush my hands against the plant and then smell them. Absolutely divine and so fresh. It is said that the mint scent can help relax us and relieve stress.
**
I've been into different pot designs etc so a few days ago I bought two pots. One of it is shaped like a vintage milk bottle with rusted paint. I really wanted to get a wire plant ワーイアプラント but I don't know where to get it in Indonesia. And shipping a plant from Japan is so darn expensive ! :( Even though the actual plant is cheap in Rakuten.
So I thought I'd just plant some of my mint into the new pot. After all, mint plant's slouchy stem effect is similar to wire plant.
So...tadaaa!
To the left of mint, is my rosemary 'batch' which... is not doing too well.
Only two survivors from the 6 I initially planted.
As for the other pot, which is a regular shaped pot but with the same texture as the milk-bottle, I was planning to plant thyme. But they weren't in stock at the supermarket I went to. Was too lazy to search elsewhere, so I bought a packet of Yates Petite Yellow Marigold seeds!
Photo copyright Yates from yates.com.au
Now, I've already failed in trying to grow a flowering plant from seed...twice! So I wasn't quite sure about buying this but I thought Marigolds shouldn't be too hard to plant... they're practically all over the place!
So I bought a packet, and sowed it in soil.
The packet says the seeds will germinate in 10-14 days.
BUT MINE GERMINATED IN ONE DAY!!!!
ONE!!!
When I woke up the next morning I was sooooooooo shocked to be greeted by two little newborn babies:
I think this moment must be one of the best aspect of gardening!
Seeing the little seedlings pop out of the soil is just so magical and pure!
And the next morning (today).... Voila!!!
Another three little seedlings have popped out of the soil!
I am so happy with this packet of seeds!!!
Hope the plant will grow beautifully...
Help me, Mother Nature!
Hope you guys are looking forward to seeing the plant growing too! xD
Labels: flower, marigold, mint, petite yellow, pot, seeds, supermarket, vintage, yates