Don't Kill me please.

Friday, July 11, 2008


When I first entered Uniprep, I had hopes and expectations. Excitement, for the new class I've never had - Design.
How would I know that what I liked would put such a strain on me? I look at my classmates' work, and I could only stare in awe. How can they create such amazing things? I look back at my own work - one that I thought seemed fine to me when I made it. It now looks like trash.

I tried asking the teacher. How can I improve this? I wanted to know the standard of work that she expects. I want to know which of my designs she liked most. But she wouldn't say. Or she couldn't. Because in design, I learnt today, there is no right and wrong. Asking so many people for opinions and preference in my work, each and every one of them would say different things. I don't know who to believe, and I can't seem to trust myself.

People see things that I don't see, see flaws that I never noticed. But no matter how I fixed it, it just isn't enough. There's always something wrong with it. It's just never good enough.

How can I trust myself to believe in my own decision? What can I do to create a design that would inspire others? How can I continue in this course if my load of effort creates only that little result?

I don't see things, I'm blinded. By all the rough things whirling around me trying to get me down. This is not Maths. This is not Science. There is no certain answer to the questions you ask, and there is no one but yourself to obtain the answer. This is Design. Don't kill me please.

Labels: , ,



news


My portfolio/design blog www.vinakosasih.com

Currently still under construction. But I promise it will be up within a few months!


profile

person(s) reading now . <3

Photobucket

Hello. This blog was created for me to store memories. Because... I have a bad memory. hehe



juice-22 EST.2006

Find me on:
deviantART / twitter / tumblr




tagboard




to-do


graduate
christmas break
meet my family
meet gucci polo
meet totoro


shopping list


some simple t-shirts
check out Pull & Bear in London


friends


archive


participate


Website Visitor Tracking


Blog design, logo and images © Juice-22