
I had to cut and trace so much of it, that I practically remember its every curve now and if you ask me to draw it out this instant, I sure can.
How messy was my table?
Yeah yeah I have Caladine on my table. Daym I despise that bottle label that's been looking like that since forever! It's so old-fashioned. I have no choice though, that night I felt my allergies coming back. Maybe it's the stress.
Oh as for my A-lvl friends, DO YOU KNOW how different it is to move from A-lvl to Design?? Ohmygod. I'm not saying Design is that easy. Well, it actually is (compared to A-lvl classes) except for the Design classes. Design is not as easy as it sounds, but I'm not going to talk about that 'cause I've discussed it enough and you guys must be so sick of hearing it.
No seriously let's get back to the topic.
I go home earlier than the science students almost every day and they see us stashing out stuff back to our locker and preparing to go home. They are plastered with tired faces and they speak of how much they wished they could go home too.
I simply smiled.
Inside, I laugh, and point at them. Pity you! I'm over that! Over science!!! I go home hours earlier and play PS2 at home while you go read up on circular motion! Mwahahahha!!!
Ah yes I remember those days. When my class is always the one who always took all the suffering. The latest one to go home, the one with least holiday, the class with no free time at all, all that high expectations, all those tests and failures, having not one day when there is no homework, the one whole month where I had IGCSE and AS-standard Final Exam clashing together to study for... But now... Ahh...
How free! How relaxed! How...
Yeah lah you get the gist. Speak less of the past shall we. Let me explain to you step-by-step how I did my project.
What are we supposed to do?
Make four different designs using two alphabets and combine them on an A3 paper. Make sure the intregrity of the forms of the alphabets are respected and the four designs each show one of the following principles: emphasis, scale, rhythm, balance. The final product should be hand-rendered in any medium, must employ at least 3 colours, and must not be a digital print. Students should include a portfolio and a concept statement card.
...That's the summary of the 2-pages brief.
So here's what I did!
Now comes the complicated part. As you know, I have already the digital soft copy of my final product. Now I have to make it... REAL. A hard copy. I decided to avoid painting on colours, so I bought several colour papers. Then...
And done! Voila!
Tough work ain't it? I think my friends have much easier ways of making their work. They used carbon paper and painted in the colours. Since I have no frikin idea what a carbon paper is and I insist I stay away from paint, I used my own...long-winded method.
See the hard part was Step #3 and 5. Imagine having to use a cutter and cut out little 'm's the size of your pinky's NAIL. NAIL. Not your pinky finger. It's nail. It was so uber tiny and I had to make sure I didn't exceed the outline I made. And the worst thing is, it is so prone to tearing apart during the cutting. The sweat from my fingers from the tension didn't make it any easier on me. It only served to moisten the tiny thin paper and make it even more prone to tearing. Great.
But I made it through after two days, which is good. Now I shall show you my soft and hard copies!
Soft copy (digital):
Hard copy (the real shit):
Labels: design, Design Project, Graphic, handphone bling, typography