Long Week Part II

Saturday, November 15, 2008


Yes so the reason I've been busy this week is because:

  1. I am dismissed at 4pm every day
  2. I need to finish the wearable design project by Thursday
  3. I need to finish the booklet on John Galliano Thursday
  4. I need to create the detailed plan for English Friday
  5. I need to make a Newspaper File for Australian Studies Friday

And well, I didn't really do #5 since by Thursday, I was too tired from the hectic days due to #2.

Anyways! I want to write down some thanks to two people! Susan, and my mother!

Susan came over to my house on Tuesday night and Wednesday night. She helped me do the project. We pasted, cut, arranged, all sorts. We sat on the floor doing all that meticulous jobs and ended up with super painful backs. You can read more on her blog.

Next, most importantly, is my Mom! Why? Because as I said, I was dismissed at 4pm every day. Hence, I barely had time to go buy the materials since I would reach home at 5pm. What my mom did was she helped me buy the pylox, suggested and bought acrylic paint, red tape, provided double tape, helped me pylox the all the straws, helped me cut straws, supported me in times of need... aah... oh and she volunteered picking Suze up and sending her home (with me in the car too of course) so if it weren't for my mom, I wouldn't even have Susan helping me in the first place. So thanks a lot mom!

I started doing the project on Saturday. Sunday I was busy so I barely did anything. Monday I could only do at night due to late dismissal. Same goes for Tuesday and Wednesay. I finished everything by Wednesday night by 2:00AM, portfolio and all. Before that, I've been sleeping for only 5 hours every single day due to the damn project. So imagine my fatigue. I woke up Wednesday morning finding tons of zits on my nose.


So there it is! Our wearable design is supposed to make use of recycled or discarded materials and it is supposed to convey one of the following emotions: Anger, Love, or Sorrow. Can you guess which emotion is conveyed in each of the designs?

Albert: Love. Listy: Love. Alyssa: Love. Kevin: Love. Me: Anger.

Haha. I just realised that everybody chose love except for me. And well, Petrick, who chose sorrow. Don't know what Livia and Martin made, they weren't there Thursday.

And here is my booklet on John Galliano:

It has to contain things like Designer background, influences, impact, world events that led to his/her designs, philosophy, characteristics, comparison with another designer, etc. We could choose our own designer, it wasn't chosen for us. Naturally, I chose my favourite fashion designer John Galliano, who now designs for Dior, but also has his own label.

In addition to our wearable model, we also have to make a concept board, with photographs of us wearing it and a concept statement explaining our design. Here is some of them:



And then Ma'am Rani told us to put up the wearables. I picked this dummy which is strong enough to hold my heavy design work.





Listy's:
(pretty isn't it?)
Petrick's:
It is a mask conveying sorrow.


Listy and my projects are extremely fragile. Especially mine. Since it is only made up of a thousand straws held together. So it is scary when somebody approaches it and starts touching the straws out of curiosity. That's why this sign is put up:


NOBODY should touch it! Not even a single poke! I worked my ass off for this so it better not be in ruins.
Oh and another thing happened today...

Yes, the E string on my new violin, Edgar, broke, as I was tuning it.
Damn.
This is already the second time I broke a string and both due to careless tuning.


Check it out. The blood forms a heart shape O___o

Labels: , , , , , ,



news


My portfolio/design blog www.vinakosasih.com

Currently still under construction. But I promise it will be up within a few months!


profile

person(s) reading now . <3

Photobucket

Hello. This blog was created for me to store memories. Because... I have a bad memory. hehe



juice-22 EST.2006

Find me on:
deviantART / twitter / tumblr




tagboard




to-do


graduate
christmas break
meet my family
meet gucci polo
meet totoro


shopping list


some simple t-shirts
check out Pull & Bear in London


friends


archive


participate


Website Visitor Tracking


Blog design, logo and images © Juice-22