Hello.
Yes I know I haven't been updating. Nothing to update about really! All I've been doing is pigging at home, playing Lineage II all day. And you surely don't want to hear about my Lineage 2 adventures.
But today, something worth blogging about actually happened.
So Susan came to my house today. We worked on her photoshop assignment (well, okay, more like she did. I took my shower and played around), and after that we went to puri. Shopped, and had dinner. We shared a bowl of Ca Ciang Mien. It turns out that after years of being close friends, I never noticed that we eat noodles differently...
She would slurp all the noodles all in. And if the noodle doesn't end, she wouldn't stop slurping it in until it does. I wondered how she contained it all in her mouth. On the other hand, I slurped a bit, and then bit the noodle off.
Well... you must be wondering why I'm blogging about this. Why I'm telling you these insignificant details. However, it
is significant. For I want to record my youth in this blog. I want to look back and be able to remember everything in the years to come.
And then we went back to my house. Susan told me we should start packing for my departure to Australia since it might just be in a few days. So we did.
I picked out clothes from my wardrobe, threw them onto my bed. Susan was in charge of folding them (she is darn good at this I swear). For some of the clothes I had to ask her "how boud ziz?" and she would either say "yes", "leave it", or shrug her head backwards slightly with an uncertain look.
We sat on the floor. I kept asking her for opinions. Many times, she would reminisce the times she saw me in that certain outfit. And just by sorting out clothes, we remembered fragments of our past. For a moment I saw her she seemed like a mother, or a sister.
And when her phone rang yet again for the thousandth time, she decided it's time to go. I walked her to the front gate. She opened the door of her car, stood, smiled and waved at me. I smiled and waved back, slightly more awkwardly. Why was it awkward? It's because the unsual, in a deeper sense unfamiliar gesture of smiling and waving seemed so... distant.
For when she got into her car, with its tinted windows, and when it went away, my surroundings abruptly sank into quiet and solitude. The little chit-chats and giggles were shunned away. I opened my bedroom door to this big, white luggage, and clothes littered on the floor. It was terribly sad. And though it never struck me before, I now understand what's so miserable about saying goodbye.
Some people come into our lives and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never ever the same. -- Flavia WeednLabels: farewell, goodbye, Lineage 2, Susan Limanto