bits and pieces

Saturday, September 5, 2009


The question is:


how do you survive in the design industry?

To all designers and design students out there I ask that question. How the heck do you do it?? Well come over here and teach me...! o_O

Once again I am in one of those crisises. Oh how common of me already. But seriously. I feel like I'm under pressure right now because I'm just not satisfied with the design I came up with for my shampoo label. But hell, I can't push myself to fix it cause you know what, IT'S DONE. I'm not going to re-do it because it's a total pain in the ass. I seriously hated making those labels and still it turns out bad. That just cannot be good.

I just don't understand why but I can't seem to enjoy these projects. Is it greedy for me to expect every project to be enjoyable? Yes. And completely naive. Alas, knowing that, I still feel this hand pulling me down to a mental phase of utter lethargy. And though I am doing something else like browsing around facebook or watching a DVD, I just can't seem to get my mind to be completely free of stress from the projects. It's horrible.

And you strive in every project to make it something of value. To create something quirky and/or beautiful. Something creative. But damn, it's hard. Especially when you're already not enjoying what you're doing. But you can't just drop it.

I went to a website just now and read this article The Design School Survival Guide where I came across this line which said:
Look at it this way: you’re going to school to do what makes you happy, so why be miserable?

Good point.

The reason why I took design was because I enjoy it right? So why am I making myself so miserable? Don't know. I'm all emo now but I'm trying to convince myself it's okay because I'm still young and have a whole life ahead of me.

But you know what?

To hell with design.

I'm sick of all that talk and I want to get a life out of it.




So I know I haven't been blogging in a week now. I realise that I don't really blog when I'm on holiday because...well, I have plans and all that. Enjoying myself you know?

I don't think I'll blog about my 1-week holiday in this post, but I will share a very short video of me riding the Puffing Billy train! wee!




Have a good one guys

Labels: ,



news


My portfolio/design blog www.vinakosasih.com

Currently still under construction. But I promise it will be up within a few months!


profile

person(s) reading now . <3

Photobucket

Hello. This blog was created for me to store memories. Because... I have a bad memory. hehe



juice-22 EST.2006

Find me on:
deviantART / twitter / tumblr




tagboard




to-do


graduate
christmas break
meet my family
meet gucci polo
meet totoro


shopping list


some simple t-shirts
check out Pull & Bear in London


friends


archive


participate


Website Visitor Tracking


Blog design, logo and images © Juice-22