Hey guys! Two days ago was a public holiday so Juen and I went out to the botanical garden for a photoshoot! We had two shoots in mind, a natural one, and an 'unnatural' one.
Shoot 1:
Yes, this pose is inspired by America's Next Top Model cycle 14 shadow photoshoot
I took this one myself. lol. Listy says it's my 'typical' photo face
We didn't get that many shots for the first photoshoot. I found it hard to be natural... no kidding. Juen kept saying "you look good in real life but once it gets shot, you look blank!" So I tried my best and the results are okay I guess, but nothing exceptional personally.
Shoot 2:
I really adore the way the light illuminates the stray strands of hair and my eyelashes!
Oooobviously if you know me, I love the second shoot! It's not something I've done before. I guess it's a bit more professional and fashionable? I was inspired by Kenzo's 1983 campaign:
But mine pales in comparison. lol. I absolutely love Kenzo's fashion campaigns. The graphic style applied is so inspiring.
Let me explain the clothes and make-up in this shot. (Since the natural one is pretty straightforward)
Clothes:
- Zara dark blue dress
- Copper necklace with key-shaped pendant
- Two scarves: one pink worn inside, another bigger one wrapped outside (Juen's)
Hair and make-up:
- Hair is backcombed and swept slightly sideways in most shots. But this is random because I kept throwing my hair around and messing it up.
- Pat on MAC concealer on lips because I didn't have a true nude lippie :( should really get one soon
- Swept purple eyeshadow from MAC (present from Susan :)) over eyelids and a little under the eyes. Unfortunately we can hardly see the purple in the shots at all...
- And contouring the face with bronzer and orangey blush. Foundation and concealer, I don't need to talk about how I applied that. Concealer is the same one from MAC, my shade is NC-20, and the foundation is a very sheer compact powder foundation from KOSE (Korean) called Sonia Two Way Foundation Case. I have liquid foundation but I hate using it because it cracks on my dry skin even after prior moisturizing...
- Dark brown eyeliner from CEZANNE (Japanese brand). no cat-eye, just very little lining for a bit more definition. This eyeliner doesn't smudge on me so I love it.
- Black mascara, K-Palette 'Real Lasting Volume' - I love this K-Palette brand. It's a Japanese drugstore brand, extremely cheap and fabulous products. Great quality~ Buy their Real Lasting Eyeliner as well if you plan to.
- And the eyebrows, the highlight of my whole look! For eyebrows personally I think you can use anything at all, in this case I used my brown eyeliner as well. Then to make it a bit textured, I used the sponge end of my other Estee Lauder eyeliner. Or... you could use your fingers but that probably won't work as well. Some of the make-up will stick to your finger.
The bold brows were a runway trend. I'm not sure if they still are, I'm not much of an avid trend-follower (actually, not at all). I seem to always execute a trend at the wrong time :p whatever~ Bold brows inspiration:
Can you see how sexy those brows are? Especially the 3rd picture...she looks handsome and stunning! Like Keira Knightley... oh yeah she has bold brows too.
But maybe next time I will try those nude pale brows!
I'm not so sure if that would suit me though. Hahahhaha. But trying doesn't hurt. Even Mona Lisa sported it!
And here are some post-shoot photos.
Big thank you my photographer Juen!! :)
Hope to do this again with you some other time~
Labels: 1983, bold, brows, CEZANNE, eyebrows, fashion, K-Palette, Kenzo, KOSE, MAC, make-up, natural, photo shoot, photoshoot, thick, trend